Wednesday 3 August 2011

The New Face Of Social Media

AN ARRAY OF ACTIVITIES ON THE WEB
Initially I wasn't a social media enthusiast at all..Things changed dramatically when I joined an Internet Marketing firm for my internship in the last year of my graduation. I knew what facebook was and had around 200+ friends at that point of time.. I was there only to connect with my Friends who had gone away for their studies.. Applications on facebook like Farm-ville and City-ville drew my attention at times. However, I wasn't taken into it as my other college friends, most of whom had over 500 friends.

My first experience with social media was with Orkut..It was when I was in high school.Back then no one realized the potential of social media like we do today. It has made significant contributions to the way we think, act and connect. Take the example of President Barrack Obama. He successfully used Twitter in his Presidential campaign and emerged victorious. It is not guaranteed that your social media campaign will always go smooth without any hi-cups. Take the example of the Indian MP Mr. Shashi Tharoor. His Tweets about the "Holy Cows" lead to his resignation from an official post. Such was the momentum social media had gathered over time.

ARE YOU THERE ON ANY OF THESE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ?
 I understood the value of social media.It was not only being utilized for connecting and sharing stuffs with ones friends and family. Its being used today as a major marketing strategy. When I got a dissertation assignment for my final semester, I chose the topic "The Impact of Social Media In Politics". Significant developments occurred in the global political arena which caught my attention. By then my experience as an intern gave me the opportunity to understand the dynamics of social media better. Social Media toppled governments one after another and the Egyptian President Hossein Mubarak was the worst sufferer, losing power which he held for 30 years.
TWEETS HELP IN CROWD MOBILIZATION
I consider myself lucky to work in an industry which is very deeply integrated to social media. I get to experience all the latest developments in the field of social media. With limited technical and programming knowledge, I have huge grounds to cover..Lots of interesting things to learn..

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, In future you will be the brand icon social media expert. Wish you best of luck

    From,

    Manash

    real estate waycross ga | סקס

    ReplyDelete